6/19/2014

Article of Faith: Friends

Article of Faith: Friends


Often I have said that my friends are people that define me.
This is not always the case.
It is the interactions of those friends that connects me to the person I am inside. Their flaws, their workings even the mistakes they make which brings me closer to the human aspect inside me. These days I don’t much consider myself a part of human life, maybe it’s because how I view others. Their primal workings perplexes me. The way two people look at each other, talk with each other and embrace the other leaves me with such curiosity that it is simply an enigma. What is it about the opposite sex that drives the male of our species, to act in such ways? In ways that define, contradict and utterly perplex the human imagination? He likes her for her face, she likes him for his laugh and so they feel a hug and a laugh should create a connection of feelings that develop into intimacy. I never understand it. I find myself in the same predicament. I adore her mind, she adores my intellect , we share our bodies, we embrace the truth of our souls. That is the whole of the situation. I find this normal and utterly strange. Is it within every human being to feel such things? That’s why, when you call on others to embrace them as a friend, a companion that one day to understand that at some level you could be much more than companions? Calling someone a friend is an easy out. Saying that you share a common goal, or mainstream a way of understanding not only yourself but the circumferential of your understanding a simulation to the problem of understanding. That is the problem...we are all confused at some point to the want of our true selves! What person really knows what they want?m How can we know how we will respond to our simulation in the present when our past creates situations we dream of and prepare for? Either way it makes for an interesting predicament. Can we take comfort in the whole of our present decisions?Can we understand the totality our choices? If we, as a race of thinking, understand and feeling beings understand this then why are all of our current problems a cause of the result of the cause in effect, of such decision? That is what leaves me perplexed. Friends, lovers and family, I am in a mind that we as a species are utterly insane.